My man and I are pretty consistent with cooking a meal for dinner that lasts for up to a week. Not only does it make it easy to eat healthy, but it's also cost effective. We usually do something with pasta and/or rice, but I wanted to switch it up. So, I picked up a $0.59 spaghetti squash and went to town.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb of wild mushrooms (I forget which ones I picked up, but they were brown & juicy)
- 3 organic tomatoes
- Fresh thyme
- Seasonings to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Microwave squash for 4 minutes or until soft enough to slice in half.
- Slice squash in half and scoop out the seeds (next time, I'll save the seeds and roast them!)
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle black pepper and salt on both sides.
- Line baking pan with foil and place squash, flesh down, in pan.
- Roast for 8-12 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, chop up tomatoes, onions and mushrooms
- Remove from oven and fork out squash into the same baking pan you used. It should resemble noodly type consistency. Be careful, the squash will be very HOT! I held it with an oven mit as I scooped.
- Cover squash with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms.
- Drizzle olive oil and seasonings over mixture.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes. I upped the temp to the broil setting for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!!
I paired this with my Veggie Swai burger patties . Here's the recipe for THAT!